Which Childbirth Series should I take?
You should take our 6 Week Childbirth Series if:
- this is your first pregnancy and birth
- you are trying for a VBAC or this is your first attempt at an unmedicated delivery
- this is the father’s/partner’s first baby
- you had a disappointing/difficult previous delivery or felt yours had unnecessary medical interventions
- it has been 4+ years since your last birth
Add on individual Birth Booster workshops for special emphasis on particular areas. And add Class 4 to help with the newborn days!
The Birth Booster
is unlike any other childbirth class you can take. This series will give you MORE preparation in many different ways. This is a hands-on, interactive series of classes designed to get you THINKING and truly preparing for the upcoming birthday.
If this is your first baby (or first attempt at laboring), we still highly recommend our full 6 Week Series. It’s really the best way to best prepare for labor and birth. But you SHOULD consider the Birth Booster series if:
- you took our 6 Week Series and want MORE (you’d get the series at half price PLUS the optional fourth class FREE)
- you took another class (hospital, hypnosis, birth center) and have lingering questions or want MORE tools for your birth toolkit.
- you ran out of time for a full series.
- it’s your 2nd, 3rd+ baby and you’d like to brush up on birth topics and issues, as well as set aside much-needed pain-coping practice time.
The Birth Booster is a 3 Week series with an optional add-on 4th week class focused on postpartum, baby care and breastfeeding. These are designed to be taken as a series, but CAN be taken as individual workshops:
Week 1: Is THIS labor?
Week 2:Pain-coping and Comfort Measures
Week 3: Interventions
Week 4 (optional): Postpartum, Baby Care and Breastfeeding
Consider taking single workshops if you really need more on one topic only. Week 4 is great for ANYONE who wants to really prepare for the baby, not just the birth. And it’s half price for those who take either our 6 Week Series or the 3 Week Booster. Or bring someone in your life who is especially worried about interventions to Week 3.
The Birth Booster is designed to be flexible and to fit your needs and situation. Make it work for YOU! Questions? Ask away!