Postpartum Doula Services
What IS a Postpartum Doula?
A Postpartum Doula is someone skilled in the period of healing and transition after birth. She helps the family with this intense period of their lives by providing emotional support for all family members and provides a family with a smooth transition to having a new baby in their lives. She is trained and knowledgeable about newborn and mother care, infant feeding, postpartum depression, helping younger children transition to a new baby, and has resources available on everything baby and postpartum.
What exactly does a Postpartum Doula DO?
A Postpartum Doula’s job is to serve the family in a customized way. After meeting your family and listening to your needs, she can help with many of the things that make your life easier after giving birth.
In general, a Postpartum Doula:
- Gives non-medical advice on mother and baby care, and helps to protect the mother-baby bonding and feeding time.
- Provides emotional support to the new family.
- Does light housework such as washing dishes, doing laundry, and straightening up.
- A Postpartum Doula is trained in breastfeeding support and can give one on one attention.
- Engages older children while mother and baby are together.
- Help make snacks or light meals.
What does a Postpartum Doula NOT do?
- Give medical advice or perform medical procedures.
- Provide childcare while parents go out.
- Heavy cleaning like mopping, vacuuming, or cleaning bathrooms.
Our postpartum doulas are highly qualified and very experienced, having previously or currently served as lactation specialists or birth educators and birth doulas.
Additional hours purchased in 3 hour increments.
Please ADD $10 per hour for any hours between 9pm and 9am.